Smart Choice Enterprise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Best Choice Entertainment

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SONY PS3 Slim

Go down 
+2
bah_bah
SCE ADMIN - Shinkawa
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SCE ADMIN - Shinkawa
Admin
Admin
SCE ADMIN - Shinkawa

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:52 pm

PS3 Slim Preorder NOW!!
Coming soon

SONY PS3 Slim 48367_10

Estimated Price rm1200-1300
Back to top Go down
https://smartchoice.forumotion.net
bah_bah

bah_bah

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 5:59 am

Sony dropped some game-industry bombshells at its press conference at the 2009 GamesCom expo. Chief among them is the new PS3 Slim due out next month--a new version of the PS3 that's lighter, consumes less electricity, and, most importantly, is cheaper, at a price of $299 US, €299 in Europe and £249 in the UK. The current PS3 models each had $100 shaved off of them: effective tomorrow, the 80GB PS3 will be $299 and the 160GB PS3 will be $399.

same as what admin said above , rm1200 - rm1300. sumtimes cosumer maybe put up a little higher on the price, maybe up to 1500 including game . easy money. lol

[img]SONY PS3 Slim Ps01[/img]

[img]SONY PS3 Slim Ps02[/img]

[img]SONY PS3 Slim Ps03[/img]

[img]SONY PS3 Slim Ps04[/img]

[img]SONY PS3 Slim Ps05[/img]

[img]SONY PS3 Slim Ps06[/img]

[img]SONY PS3 Slim Ps07[/img]

[img]SONY PS3 Slim Ps08[/img]

[img]SONY PS3 Slim Ps09[/img]

[img]SONY PS3 Slim Ps10[/img]
Back to top Go down
bah_bah

bah_bah

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 6:21 am

ok this is the hardware spec for the ps3 slim for those who really want to know.

Spec sheet:
Product name: PlayStation 3 (slim aa not fat Razz )
Product code: CECH-2000A (Charcoal Black)
CPU: Cell Broadband Engine™
GPU: RSX
Audio output: LPCM 7.1ch, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD, AAC.
Memory: 256MB XDR Main RAM, 256MB GDDR3 VRAM
Hard disk: 120GB 2.5” Serial ATA
USB 2.0 ports: 2
Networking: Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T), IEEE 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth 2.0 (+EDR)
Controller: Wireless Controller (Bluetooth) x 1
AV outputs: HDMI x 1, AV MULTI OUT x 1, Digital out (optical) x 1
Resolutions: 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i (for PAL 576p, 576i)
BD / DVD / CD drive (read only): BD × 2 (BD-ROM), DVD × 8 (DVD-ROM), CD × 24 (CD-ROM)
Power: AC 220 – 240, 50/60Hz
Power consumption: Approx. 250W
External dimensions (excluding maximum projecting part): Approx. 290 × 65 × 290 mm (width × height × length)
Mass: Approx. 3.2kg
Included in box: PlayStation 3 system × 1, Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK 3) × 1, AC power cord × 1, AV cable × 1, USB cable × 1
Back to top Go down
bah_bah

bah_bah

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:17 am

SONY PS3 Slim Meteringblogshot

Sony heralded the new PlayStation 3 Slim as more energy efficient than previous models, but that's an easy feat considering the older PS3 'Fat' models were some of the most power-hungry home video appliances available, with power consumption similar to that of a 50-inch plasma TV, for example.

To test Sony's claim, we put the PS3 Slim through a battery of power consumption tests and the results really are impressive: the PS3 Slim generally uses less than half the power of the PS3, no matter what task it's performing. Check out the power consumption comparison:

PS3 Slim PS3 Samsung BD-P3600
Standby 0.36 1.220.21
Idling 75.19171.35 16.12
Blu-ray movie80.90 172.79 21.91
Game / idling 95.35 203.84N/A
Game / playing 96.24 206.90 N/A
YouTube 85.08 181.28 N/A

All measurements in watts.

Whether the PS3 Slim is a "green-friendly" device depends on your perspective. As you can see from the chart, the PS3 Slim still uses much more power than a typical standalone Blu-ray player like the Samsung BD-P3600, so if you're going to do mostly Blu-ray playback, the PS3 Slim is a real power hog. On the other hand, the Xbox 360 uses about 187 watts while playing a game, which makes the PS3 Slim look like the HD game console for the environmentally conscious. The Nintendo Wii uses a paltry 19 watts, but is standard-def only.

ok la easy to say la aa if u dont understand to calculate the watt consumption on your electric bill, i put another table in RM , how much to pay. easy info.

understand this first . 1000 watt = 1 kWh
In Malaysia they charge 1 kWh = RM 0.22 ( TNB)
The result in RM per hour.

1 HOUR PS3 SlimPS3
Idling RM 0.98RM 2.24
Blu-ray movieRM 1.06RM2.26
Game / idlingRM 1.25RM 2.67
Game / playingRM 1.26RM2.71

i recalculate later la. i calculate with sleepy head,want to rest first. lol Razz
Back to top Go down
death the kid
death the kid

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:34 pm

Hmm...this few days might arrive d...maybe this tues or wed will d....what..you go to caculate it....you kidding me...???so you want it bro...??pre-order now and will special promotion for it
Back to top Go down
bah_bah

bah_bah

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:12 pm

lol , just sharing the info for the people here lol. Cool . nvm, already got mine, the fat one thought. still love it cheers
Back to top Go down
lshian

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 5:19 pm

It is a Malaysia set? What special offer? I am interested in one.
Back to top Go down
death the kid
death the kid

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 7:16 pm

HK set nor US set....pricing around Rm1200-1300.....interested with it bro...??
Back to top Go down
death the kid
death the kid

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 7:27 pm

lshian wrote:
It is a Malaysia set? What special offer? I am interested in one.
Got play COD4...??i want to add you.....or you add me...

PSN id- GunSquach
Back to top Go down
lshian

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:49 pm

I want a Malaysia set since my US set is YLOD. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Anyway what is the Malaysia phat set cost now.
Back to top Go down
bah_bah

bah_bah

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:55 pm

Quote :
I want a Malaysia set since my US set is YLOD. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Anyway what is the Malaysia phat set cost now.

walao, pity u man. YLOD . i hope i dont get it. . hmm around rm1500 like that (my place la sabah) for sony (m) ps3 set including 1 game. zzz study
Back to top Go down
death the kid
death the kid

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:45 pm

Ya around Rm1500-1600.....
anyway what is YLOD???
Back to top Go down
bah_bah

bah_bah

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 1:05 am

stands for yellow light of dead, usually happens on 40gb or 60gb system on US playstation hardware. it emits yellow light. and the ps3 cannot be ON anymore. no display, no nothing. = boleh buang junkyard. have to refurbish balik ps3 set kat sony. if still got ps3 warranty.

the most fearfull thing about ps3. is YLOD - yellow light of dead. here an video and info about it.

this one i paste from another forum.

Got a dead ps3? Or you think your ps3 is in it's last days? Well follow this tips on how to avoid and fix the yellow light of death.

Avoiding: -Don't play for long hours, cause your PS3 overheats.

-Clean dust from the inside of your PS3, or else it can overheat in a very short period of time, and can even damage the lens.

-Give your PS3 a good ventilation and keep it in a very cold room (but not for a very long time).

-Don't play Call of Duty 4 or Fifa 2008. <--- maybe because of the gpu to powerful , lol Razz

-Don't keep your PS3 vents enclosed.

-When you finish playing, turn off your system and plug off the switch at the back of it.

- To avoid dust from entering your system when not playing, turn it off completely from the switch, unplugg all cables, and wrap it with some clothes, but NEVER with plastic.

- DO NOT OPEN YOUR SYSTEM, VOIDS THE WARRANTY AND THERE IS NO WAY GOING BACK.

- Never leave game discs inside the PS3 when turned off.

Fixing: - Change Your Hard Disk Drive to a bigger one.

- Change The Power Supply for a new one.

- Unplugg all cables, take off the hard disk, leave it for 1 hour like this, plugg everything in it's place.

- Change your AV or your HDMI cables for new ones.

- Buy a new Fan (19 blade fan) and change it at a retail store.

- If still under Warranty, go to the store you bought it, (Take your Receipt and your system must go in it's original box with all it came with, even the BD movie), and they can change you for a new one, or a refurb one :s.

- If none of these work, your are pissed cause the GPU or CPU could've melt down due to OVERHEATING your system. Call Sony for a repair (only under warranty)

cause they can charge you 150$ if the system has no warranty, I will recomend to buy a refurb one better, or if you have enough mone, buy a new one, and sell the Blu Ray drive.

I will recomend to keep the Blu Ray drive from the bricked PS3, cause the new one can get damage and you will still have the other one in hand

-----

ok la. easy to say , got some pdf instruction to repair the ylod, but, i dont post it here because it is not safe for you to try. one more thing. it only last for a month.

YLOD is like RROD on xbox 360, but microsoft can cope it and also many store that sell console can repair it. but for YLOD ,its another story. have to refurbished back.

-----

Idea
Back to top Go down
death the kid
death the kid

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:07 pm

wa dead lo like this...at my office got seen 2-3 consoles like this before....cannot be repair also.....o this the reason....so des ne....now only i know......

Harh...Call Of duty 4 cannot ahh...i play it every night every day lea..... cheers
Back to top Go down
bah_bah

bah_bah

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:39 pm

lol i played cod4 at pc only, for me, i just played battlefield modern combat on ps2, for ps3 i havent play any good first person shooter. i tried the killzone 2, but only the demo version only. hmm , got killzone one a? i reli don know lol
Back to top Go down
lshian

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:59 pm

Nothing to bah bah. I just want to say I am a electronician. I got the pdf file for the ylod. So what, they are doing the wrong thing to ylod. The even heat up the chip to 500 celcius.

I got the SMD rework station. The problems is more, and the culprit is RSX chip then to go wrap. The heat sink can't even seat on RSX properly. You have to lathe the RSX chip to even surface then you put thermal paste and it will work properly.

I guess that those games use alot of RSX(microsoft style) will heat up the chip fast. Now I trying to remove the RSX and send to enginnering to lathe the chip to even surface that enough to fit my heat sink well. Guess that alot work.

As you can see alot of people feed with hot air won't last long. Guess have to buy a new one tahan dulu to fill my need for the gaming.
Back to top Go down
death the kid
death the kid

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:55 pm

wow...bro you know a lot ....more then me....cool man.....you got the pdf file for it...??can us download it from you ...??interested with it also ...need to know it in more detail.....hopes you dont mind ....
sorry for the ylod bro....
Back to top Go down
bah_bah

bah_bah

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:11 am

http://www.filefactory.com/file/af246bg/n/YLOD_fix_pdf

so ishian, what about the bluray player, is it effected also ? and the hard disk .

wahhh u changing the RSX aa??? doesnt effect your graphic later????

ishian, mind to share with us here , what cause the ylod to happen on your system?
Back to top Go down
lshian

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:20 am

Can't find or change the RSX. I have to unsolder the old chip out. Send to foundry to skim it level as the RSX tend to warp.

Did you know that the Cell is 65nm and the RSX is 90nm for those PS3 before end of 2008, which make the RSX super hot.
Back to top Go down
death the kid
death the kid

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:57 am

lshian wrote:
Can't find or change the RSX. I have to unsolder the old chip out. Send to foundry to skim it level as the RSX tend to warp.

Did you know that the Cell is 65nm and the RSX is 90nm for those PS3 before end of 2008, which make the RSX super hot.

ok bro..thank you.....Hmm....65nm and the RSX is 90nm ...looks like a technician to me ..........keep it up this good work bro.....before end of 2008...??what is year 09 1...??doesnt it the same as well......??
Back to top Go down
bah_bah

bah_bah

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:10 pm

owh, maybe because of the price cut , sony change the internal board within ps3? to more cheaper ( a bit ) + make reli hot . lol study
Back to top Go down
death the kid
death the kid

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:45 pm

Sony likes and loves to show out their SLIM ver evey consoles they comes out after....techonology very high du Razz
Back to top Go down
SCE ADMIN - Shinkawa
Admin
Admin
SCE ADMIN - Shinkawa

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:59 pm

PS3 Slim Slower Than PS3?

Sony’s much vaunted PS3 Slim is practically released, allowing curious testers to make the shocking discovery that the slimline version is actually slower than the corpulent original.

The comparison videos below demonstrate the apparent differences:

Rumours circulate that some differences may be caused by differences in harddrive, but in this case the maker of the video claims the same 7200RPM HDD is installed in each.

Of course, the discrepancies could also be due to mysterious differences in firmware or hardware, or simply random fluctuations.

Whatever the cause, it seems very unlikely Sony will be admitting any undocumented performance difference, positive or negative, between the models.

Via Ore-teki.

source from http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/08/30/ps3-slim-slower-than-ps3/
Back to top Go down
https://smartchoice.forumotion.net
lshian

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:38 pm

As what I have seen on the forums the slim tend to slower of blue ray movie and the games load faster on the slim. But the different is only 2 seconds. But the plus side still on the games loading. I still prefer slim better than the phat one. I hope the MY phat reduce price to slim one now.

I don't mind buying a phat one now and slim together. I already own one asian(HK) set and a US set, except my US set give me YLOD. Crying or Very sad But I play alot on my US set even fold@home 24/7 for the year 2007 to mid 2008.

I need 2 set as my children start playing my PS3 and I got no PS3 to play now Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
bah_bah

bah_bah

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:14 am

i updated my ps3 to v3 . wahh. the xmb change a bit. the boot screen also. the default theme got bling2, if shake the sixaxis, the bling got shake2 too.

click play on game, no more boot ps3 loading screen. game became more faster to load.

= same as slim already... what a sad day. the loading spiral also change to rotating clock. wth. sony fail.

study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SONY PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: SONY PS3 Slim   SONY PS3 Slim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SONY PS3 Slim
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next